Bachelor of Science 1998
- Management Information Systems
- York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA
Unisys Inc. 2001 to present
- Consultant for Pennsylvania's Enterprise Internet Server Farm Environment
- 300+ Windows 2000 and 2003 servers
- 24 x 7 High-availability environment
- MSCS, AC2000, NLB and hardware load balanced clusters
- Multiple IP subnets for security requirements in mutli-tier solution
- Application Deployment Lead
- Served as team lead for 12 months
- Evaluate applications for performance, security
- Coordinated deployments of new application into server farm
- Worked with developers to document systems for long term support
- Created deployment schedules using MS Project
- SQL Server
- Design, build, and support SQL 2000 servers and clusters
- Host over 200 databases for agency applications on MSCS clusters
- Analyze SQL performance and application troubleshooting using SQL Profiler
- Recommend index, procedure, schema, and security changes
- Created SQL and VBScripts to audit permissions, collect disk usage and index
- IIS Server
- Deployed ASP and ASP.NET based sites on IIS 5 and 6
- Troubleshoot custom developed applications including ASP code review
- Application development guidelines and procedural consulting for performance and
- PA DSF - Commonwealth of PA's Dynamic Site Framework (www.dsfsolutions.com)
- Deploy DSF sites and applications
- Automated installation process
- Troubleshoot application and template issues
- Worked with PPT/Cimbrian to fix template code
- Deployed 9i clusters using Oracle Fail Safe (OFS)
- Designed and implemented storage for PA's GIS implementation to hold 4TB of imagery
- Developed backup and restore document using RMAN scripts
- Crystal Enterprise
- Deployed clustered CE 9 solution
- Upgraded environment to CE10
- Troubleshoot report template problems for agencies
- Deployed, maintained, and retired Dell 650 storage for MSCS clusters
- Deployed IBM FastT900 for Oracle, SQL2000 clusters, and server consolidation
- Maintained Fibre-Channel fabric on Brocade switches
- Worked with the enterprise networking team to implement redundant Cisco MDS
- Web Reporting
- Responsible for collection, analysis, and archival of +100 sites (4 GB daily)
- Automated analysis in Webtrends 5
- Upgraded environment to LiveStats 6 and 7
- Answer webmaster's questions on site reporting
- Worked with network engineers to design networks
- Troubleshoot distributed services and applications
- Application deployment lead for analysis of Cisco CSS load balancers
- Developed first release of server farm inventory application using SQL2000 and ASP
- Automated collection and compression of IIS logs using VBScript
- Manage the deployment of new applications into the enterprise
- Perform technical reviews of applications for security, performance, and deployment
- Deployed and maintained Microsoft SQL database servers
- Developed inventory database of servers and applications used by all project teams
- Provide application, hardware and operating system support for 200 servers
Ciber, Inc 1999 to 2001
- PA Dept. of Conservation Exchange 5.5 implementation
- PA Dept. of Revenue
- Provided infrastructure support for image processing project.
- Installation of 38 Windows NT 4.0 servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Prelude Inc.
- Outsource staffing of network analyst's on long term leave.
- Maintained multiple Windows NT 4.0, Exchange, and Citrix networks for long-term care
facilities supporting 1000+ users per company.
- Provided engineering consulting for small businesses in the Harrisburg area.
- Maintained 50+ websites on single IIS 4.0 server utilizing SQL 7 and Access 2000
- Administered FTP, DNS, and SMTP servers.
- Analysis of web sites using WebTrends
Stewart Connector Systems 1997 to 1999
- Network Administrator
- Administered all network, server, and desktop equipment.
- Developed internal web site for viewing product and packaging specifications on plant
- Analysis, design, and development of engineering work tracking system (ASP & SQL
- System administrator of a mission critical IBM RS-6000 / AIX system
- Engineered multi-domain Windows NT 4.0 enterprise.
- Microsoft MCDBA
- Oracle OCA (9i)
- Microsoft MCSE, MCP + I, MCP (June, 2000)
- Cisco CCNA, CCDA (October, 2000)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) (March, 2001)
- Novell CNA 3 (1997)
References available upon request
Contact Eric Eyster.
Click the appropriate formatting for Eric Eyster's Resume in Word, or Text.
Return to www.RamsHillFarm.com.